A VALENTINE’S DAY IN BERLIN

Valentine's Day treats | Motte's Blog

Today I thought I’d quickly share some photos of my Valentine’s Day Morning. Or rather, Valentine’s Morning.
Valentine's Day treats | Motte's Blog

It started off with a nice cup (or glass, I guess) of coffee. I’m not actually that much of a coffee drinker, because although coffee supposedly improves your energy levels, I can’t really verify this claim. I really don’t feel the caffeine rush, I don’t particularly feel more awake, energetic or smarter as some believe. So, yeah.

But that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy the taste every now and then!

Valentine's Day treats | Motte's Blog

I wanted to have something cute to go with the beverage, so I made adorable baby pink pretzel hearts. As you probably know by now, I am a big fan of sweet’n’salty. Yum!

After dying with a drop of red food coloring, I simply piped the melted white chocolate onto the outer rim of the pretzels trying to create a heart shape as good as I could and sprinkled with some edible sprinkles. Such cuteness.

But since I don’t actually eat sweets, I had to give them away. But that’s ok, because Valentine’s Day is all about love and kindness and giving and that sort.

Valentine's Day treats | Motte's Blog

Valentine's Day treats | Motte's Blog

Fresh flowers are my new favorite thing for spring, I have decided. They brighten up any room and smell good. Although I am obsessed with peonies, these tulips really got me into the right I-can’t-wait-for-spring-but-it’s-ok-I’ll-wait-because-I-have-no-choice mood.


Oh, and I also failed miserably at my own Valentine’s Day themed scavenger hunt. Such a letdown.

Since it was a Saturday I figured the park would be crawling with couples going for a leisurely walk. Or, crawling with anyone really, but the place was practically deserted! I’m not sure where everyone was hanging out, but not in the park, that’s for sure.

I probably should have scouted the heart of Berlin, strolled through the busy shopping lanes or something.


I did however come across the most adorable tree house I have ever seen! In the middle of Berlin too, wasn’t expecting that. Not gonna lie, I was a little jealous too. Check out the photo on my Instagram.

Also, a friend of mine posted this little quote on one of the many many social media platforms out there, and it really stuck, so here it is for you:

“I dare you to love yourself.”

Yeah, dwell on that for a moment.


I hope your Valentine’s Day was awesome, or at the least, a relaxing Saturday!






MUSIC PARINGS:

I Feel So Much Spring Within Me, A New Brain The Musical
The Four Seasons, “La primavera”, Antonio Vivaldi
Thinking Out Loud, Ed Sheeran
Touch Me, Spring Awakening The Musical
Stay With Me, Sam Smith

2 comments

  1. awww, those are so cute and pretty, as is everything else on here actually! :) they indeed make lovely presents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caro! You should give them a go - I really don't think we should limit ourselves to Valentine's Day - We deserve a little treat any day haha x Motte

      Delete